Please click on the "TRYOUTS" menu tab located to the left OR under the "COMPETITIVE SOCCER" tab .
Important Dates to remember for FALL 2014
July 17th – Teams attending the Reno Tahoe Soccer Festival on August 8, 9 and 10 must be submitted for cards and rosters – with new photos.
July 22, 2014 – All teams must also be submitted to 2014/2015 NYSA State Registration – Cards/Rosters (8/1/2014) and to the “GBYSL 2014 COMPETITIVE (FALL) LEAGUE”.
August 20, 2014 – Player adds may be submitted to be processed. Player adds will be processed and returned as soon as possible. I am aware this is the same date as the team check in.
August 20, 2014 – Fall team check in date. All teams will have their medical releases reviewed and player cards stamped for spring season. Parent Conduct forms are required also. Location: GBYSL office at 5301 Longley Lane, #A5, Reno. Time: 11am to 1pm and 2pm to 6:30pm.
August 22 or 23, 2014 – GBYSL game schedule will begin during this week/weekend.
“GBYSL will not register a team to league play unless the team roster has the minimum number of players to field a team according to the team age division. For example, U10, U11 and U12 will play 9v9; therefore they must have 9 players to register the team. U13 and up teams play 11v11 and must have 11 players to register the team to the game schedule.”
Spring 2015 Play Days (These dates are TENTATIVE and will be determined in late January at the bracketing meeting):
Saturday – all teams play
Friday – reschedules
Monday - 10B, 14B, 14G, 15G
Tuesday - 12B, 10G, 16G, 17-18G
Wednesday - 11B, 15B, 13G, 17B
Thursday - 13B, 11G, 12G
U10 8-1-2004 THROUGH 7-31-2005
U11 8-1-2003 THROUGH 7-31-2004
U12 8-1-2002 THROUGH 7-31-2003
U13 8-1-2001 THROUGH 7-31-2002
U14 8-1-2000 THROUGH 7-31-2001
U15 8-1-1999 THROUGH 7-31-2000
U16 8-1-1998 THROUGH 7-31-1999
U17 8-1-1997 THROUGH 7-31-1998
U18 8-1-1996 THROUGH 7-31-1997
U19 8-1-1995 THROUGH 7-31-1996
There are several items that have been brought to my attention in reviewing the game reports and hearing from the referees. I would like to remind you of some procedural requirements so your game does not end in a forfeit or a fine assessment to your team.
1. The team listed as HOME on the game schedule has the following requirements - even if it is not your "home" field.
2. ALL teams have the responsibility to provide the Center Referee with approved team player cards and coach/team official cards. There have been cases this season of non-carded team officials on the team sideline. As of today, the Referees have been reminded that only carded and rostered team coaches and team officials may be on the team sideline. All other adults must be on the opposite side of the field. There are no exceptions.
3. PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE update your player's jersey number on your team roster. Once you have done so, please email me so I can refresh your roster and the numbers will show on your game card. There are numerous teams without player jersey numbers and incorrect jersey numbers on their game card. The referees need those numbers to be on the game card and if they are not, a delay in the start of the game may occur while waiting for you to put the correct numbers with the player on the game card.
4. Intra-Club Guest Player Policy. Many teams are using the Intra-Club guest player policy this season to avoid forfeiting a game. Several teams have been trying to use guest players without following the procedure. To do so, will result in a forfeit by your team. The current version of the guest player policy is posted to the GBYSL website under the "By-laws, Rules & Policy" menu tab on the left side of the website, www.gbysl.org. There are detailed instructions on the use of the policy and how to get approval for guest players. Please review the policy so you are aware of proper procedures.
Remember, email me when you update your jersey numbers. If you have any questions, please email or call me.
Great Basin Youth Soccer League
CAST & BRACES: Must have a signed doctor’s release releasing the player to play. The Center Referee has the final say as to the safety of the player and other players regarding casts. Casts must be wrapped with ½” foam, bubble wrap or appropriate material. Knee braces must be covered with the manufacturer’s sleeve. No other wraps will be accepted.
US Youth Soccer Travel paperwork is no longer required to travel outside of Nevada to any state in Region IV, except Cal South (this may be changing). Notification of travel out of state is required though. Please notify Vicki of your intent to travel via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The traveling team must have a rostered D licensed HEAD coach attending the tournament in order to be approved to travel out of state.
1. Email Vicki at email@example.com your intention to travel to an out of state tournament as a USYS team. Send her the travel roster of players attending the event.
2. If you add guest players at a later date, send that information as well. Guest paperwork will be required. Please fax or scan your signed guest form, aka "Player Action Form" to Vicki for signature.
3. If you are traveling as US Club with US Club cards, no notification is necessary.
4. If you are traveling on your NYSA State card to a US Club tournament, US Club insurance is no longer necessary. You do need to submit the "Travel to US Club document to me within 72 hours of your planned departure. The form is below.
Points Setup Tie-Breaker Setup
Points per Win 3 Tie Breaker 1 Head to Head
Points per Tie 1 Tie Breaker 2 Most Wins
Points per Loss 0 Tie Breaker 3 Most Shutouts
Add’l points per goal 0 Tie Breaker 4 Goals Against
Add’l points per Tie Breaker 5 Goals For
Goal Count Limit 0 Tie Breaker 6 Goal Differential
Add’l points per Shutout 0 Goals for Limit 6
Penalty points -Yellow Cd 0 Goals Against Limit 6
Penalty points -Red Cd 1 Goal Differential Limit 6
Player adds after August 20, 2014 will be processed as follows:
Player Add paperwork submitted by Tuesday will be returned by Friday of the same week.
If received after Tuesday, it will be processed the following week.
To process the player add, Coach or Team Manager must provide:
The basic compulsory equipment of a player is:
- Shorts -- if thermal undershorts are worn, they are of the same main color as the shorts
(USSF guidance follows Law 4:) SHINGUARDS
- are covered entirely by the stockings
- are made of a suitable material (rubber, plastic, or similar substances) - provide a reasonable degree of protection
If you have any questions about the NIAA or Washoe County School District guidleines regarding the no student contact period please see your Athletic Director. We will post the WCSD guidleines to the website.