Important Dates to remember for FALL 2015
JULY 15, 2015 – All NEW 2014/2015 teams must be submitted to 2015/2016 NYSA State Registration – Cards/Rosters (8/1/2015) and to the “GBYSL 2015 COMPETITIVE (FALL) LEAGUE”.
See instructions below for registration procedures.
TUESDAY, AUGUST 18, 2015 - Player adds can be submitted for registration.
FRIDAY, AUGUST 21, 2015 - Team Check in for Spring season play 11am to 6pm at the GBYSL Office - 5301 Longley Lane, A5, Reno
MONDAY, AUGUST 24, 2015 - Opening day of games.
Blackout dates: Friday through Monday, Sept 4 -7, Labor day, October - SBSC Fall Friendship tournament (these dates will be confirmed once we have the bracketing meeting in June.)
US Youth Soccer Travel paperwork is no longer required to travel outside of Nevada to any state in Region IV, except Cal South (this may be changing). Notification of travel out of state is required though. Please notify Vicki of your intent to travel via email to email@example.com.
The traveling team must have a rostered D licensed HEAD coach attending the tournament in order to be approved to travel out of state.
1. Email Vicki at firstname.lastname@example.org your intention to travel to an out of state tournament as a USYS team. Send her the travel roster of players attending the event.
2. If you add guest players at a later date, send that information as well. Guest paperwork will be required. Please fax or scan your signed guest form, aka "Player Action Form" to Vicki for signature.
3. If you are traveling as US Club with US Club cards, no notification is necessary.
4. If you are traveling on your NYSA State card to a US Club tournament, US Club insurance is no longer necessary. You do need to submit the "Travel to US Club document to me within 72 hours of your planned departure. The form is below.
“GBYSL will not register a team to league play unless the team roster has the minimum number of players to field a team according to the team age division. For example, U10, U11 and U12 will play 9v9; therefore they must have 9 players to register the team. U13 and up teams play 11v11 and must have 11 players to register the team to the game schedule.”
U10 8-1-2005 THROUGH 7-31-2006
U11 8-1-2004 THROUGH 7-31-2005
U12 8-1-2003 THROUGH 7-31-2004
U13 8-1-2002 THROUGH 7-31-2003
U14 8-1-2001 THROUGH 7-31-2002
U15 8-1-2000 THROUGH 7-31-2001
U16 8-1-1999 THROUGH 7-31-2000
U17 8-1-1998 THROUGH 7-31-1999
U18 8-1-1997 THROUGH 7-31-1998
U19 8-1-1996 THROUGH 7-31-1997
There are several items that have been brought to my attention in reviewing the game reports and hearing from the referees. I would like to remind you of some procedural requirements so your game does not end in a forfeit or a fine assessment to your team.
1. The team listed as HOME on the game schedule has the following requirements - even if it is not your "home" field.
2. ALL teams have the responsibility to provide the Center Referee with approved team player cards and coach/team official cards. There have been cases this season of non-carded team officials on the team sideline. As of today, the Referees have been reminded that only carded and rostered team coaches and team officials may be on the team sideline. All other adults must be on the opposite side of the field. There are no exceptions.
3. PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE update your player's jersey number on your team roster. Once you have done so, please email me so I can refresh your roster and the numbers will show on your game card. There are numerous teams without player jersey numbers and incorrect jersey numbers on their game card. The referees need those numbers to be on the game card and if they are not, a delay in the start of the game may occur while waiting for you to put the correct numbers with the player on the game card.
4. Intra-Club Guest Player Policy. Many teams are using the Intra-Club guest player policy this season to avoid forfeiting a game. Several teams have been trying to use guest players without following the procedure. To do so, will result in a forfeit by your team. The current version of the guest player policy is posted to the GBYSL website under the "By-laws, Rules & Policy" menu tab on the left side of the website, www.gbysl.org. There are detailed instructions on the use of the policy and how to get approval for guest players. Please review the policy so you are aware of proper procedures.
Remember, email me when you update your jersey numbers. If you have any questions, please email or call me.
Great Basin Youth Soccer League
Player adds after August 24, 2015 will be processed as follows:
Player Add paperwork submitted by Tuesday will be returned by Friday of the same week.
If received after Tuesday, it will be processed the following week.
To process the player add, Coach or Team Manager must provide:
Points Setup Tie-Breaker Setup
Points per Win 3 Tie Breaker 1 Head to Head
Points per Tie 1 Tie Breaker 2 Most Wins
Points per Loss 0 Tie Breaker 3 Most Shutouts
Add’l points per goal 0 Tie Breaker 4 Goals Against
Add’l points per Tie Breaker 5 Goals For
Goal Count Limit 0 Tie Breaker 6 Goal Differential
Add’l points per Shutout 0 Goals for Limit 6
Penalty points -Yellow Cd 0 Goals Against Limit 6
Penalty points -Red Cd 1 Goal Differential Limit 6
CAST & BRACES: Must have a signed doctor’s release releasing the player to play. The Center Referee has the final say as to the safety of the player and other players regarding casts. Casts must be wrapped with ½” foam, bubble wrap or appropriate material. Knee braces must be covered with the manufacturer’s sleeve. No other wraps will be accepted.
The basic compulsory equipment of a player is:
- Shorts -- if thermal undershorts are worn, they are of the same main color as the shorts
(USSF guidance follows Law 4:) SHINGUARDS
- are covered entirely by the stockings
- are made of a suitable material (rubber, plastic, or similar substances) - provide a reasonable degree of protection
Spring 2015 Play Days (These dates are FINAL :
Saturday – all teams play
Friday – reschedules
Monday - 10B, 11G, 11B, 14G
Tuesday - 10G, 12B, 15/16G, 17/18G
Wednesday - 13G, 15/16B, 17/18B
Thursday - 13B, 12G, 14B
If you have any questions about the NIAA or Washoe County School District guidleines regarding the no student contact period please see your Athletic Director. We will post the WCSD guidleines to the website.