Important Dates to remember for FALL 2016
July 18,2016 – All teams, U10 - U15 teams must be submitted to 2016/2017 NYSA State Registration – Cards/Rosters (8/1/2016) and to the “GBYSL 2016 COMPETITIVE (FALL) LEAGUE”.
September 19, 2016 - U15 through U19 high school teams must be submitted to 2016/2017 NYSA State Registration – Cards/Rosters (8/1/2016) and to the “GBYSL 2017 COMPETITIVE (SPRING) LEAGUE”.
July 20, 2016 (this date is an estimate)- All Fall league teams must block their tournament dates in their team account. The league will determine this date at the bracketing meeting.
See instructions below for registration procedures.
Monday, August 22, 2016 - Player adds can be submitted for registration. Player adds can not be submitted until all fall teams have been finalized.
FALL CHECK IN DATE WILL BE DETERMINED ONCE THE SEASON START DATE IS DECIDED.
Blackout dates: Friday through Monday, September 2-5 - LABOR DAY; Sagebrush SC Fall Friendship - October 1 - 2.
End of Season - October 28.
DEADLINE TO SUBMIT YOUR TEAM TO THE FALL 2016 LEAGUE IS
JULY18, 2016 – U10 TO U15 TEAMS
SEPTEMBER 19, 2016 - U16 AND OLDER TEAMS
If you are the coach or team manager of a Club team, then you need to contact your Club Registrar to register your team. Your club team may have an earlier date to submit registration.
If you are the coach or team manager of an INDEPENDENT TEAM (No GBYSL Club affiliation), then please read the instructions below. You will submit your team to the FALL league and all paperwork directly to Vicki LaRovere. She can be contacted at 775-250-8509 or email@example.com.
1. Go to www.gotsport.com and create a team account if you do not already have a team account in gotsoccer. If you have an existing team account, please use it to register your team.
2. All teams that will participate in the FALL 2016 GBYSL game schedule must be submitted to the “GBYSL 2016 Competitive (FALL) League”. This link can be found through your team account, or at the below link.
The GBYSL SPRING 2016 individual team application link is:
Individual Team Application Form Link (PLACE IN YOUR BROWSER)
3. Submit your team paperwork directly to Vicki with the following documents.
PLAY UP/DOWN POLICY – Competitive and Pre-Comp/Academy Players and Teams
GBYSL encourages players to play in their appropriate age group. Playing in an age group higher than their actual age should be reserved for players with exceptional technical and tactical abilities. There are physical, social and emotional ramifications to playing in higher age groups. The decision to play up should be given careful consideration by parents, coaches and the club to ensure that it is in the best interest of the player. This policy provides guidelines for requesting Play up Approval.
U5-U19 – 2 year play up allowed with properly completed and signed paperwork. Play up Request Form must be filled out completely and signed by the Approved Club Evaluator, Club DOC and Club President. Parental Waiver must also be signed. Players must be evaluated and Play up Request Forms must be resubmitted EVERY year to GBYSL
U15-U19 –Players wishing to play up more than two years must complete the Play up Request Form and Parental Waiver. Requests must be submitted to GBYSL for Executive board approval. If approval is granted, it is for the seasonal year (July to June). Requests must be approved EVERY year.
Independent teams can request an evaluator be provided by GBYSL for a $25 fee.
Play down Requests must be approved by the GBYSL Executive Board and will only be considered for one year age difference. No team may have more than (3) players playing down. Exceptions may be made for teams from outlying areas.
Requests requiring GBYSL Executive Board approval must be submitted to the GBYSL office at least 7 days prior to the official start date of the competitive season.
Appeal procedures – A written request for the board to reconsider their decision can be presented to the GBYSL Executive Board. Appeals will be heard at the discretion of the GBYSL Executive Board.
Competitive Team Play Up/Play Down
Decisions regarding play up or play down for competitive teams are made by the GBYSL General Board at the seasonal bracketing meeting.
For registration, an updated policy has been approved regarding the team roster size needed to register a team. The policy is:
“GBYSL will not register a team to league play unless the team roster has the minimum number of players to field a team according to the team age division. For example, U10 will play 7v7, U11 and U12 will play 9v9; therefore they must have 7 (U10) and 9 (U11 & U12) players to register the team. U13 and up teams play 11v11 and must have 11 players to register the team to the game schedule.”
Coaches will need to submit their blackout dates to the game schedule by the date announced by the league game scheduler. The date will be determined at the bracketing meeting held shortly after the registration deadline.
Each team is required to have at least two certified USSF referees. The names of their referees are required to be submitted for the game schedule.
Player adds after the game schedule season begins, must be submitted by Tuesday of each week to be returned by Friday.
US Youth Soccer Travel paperwork is no longer required to travel outside of Nevada to any state in Region IV, except Cal South (this may be changing). Notification of travel out of state is required though. Please notify Vicki of your intent to travel via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The traveling team must have a rostered D licensed HEAD coach attending the tournament in order to be approved to travel out of state.
1. Email Vicki at email@example.com your intention to travel to an out of state tournament as a USYS team. Send her the travel roster of players attending the event.
2. If you add guest players at a later date, send that information as well. Guest paperwork will be required. Please fax or scan your signed guest form, aka "Player Action Form" to Vicki for signature.
3. If you are traveling as US Club with US Club cards, no notification is necessary.
4. If you are traveling on your NYSA State card to a US Club tournament, US Club insurance is no longer necessary. You do need to submit the "Travel to US Club document to me within 72 hours of your planned departure. The form is below.
U10 Birth Year 2007
U11 Birth Year 2006
U12 Birth Year 2005
U13 Birth Year 2004
U14 Birth Year 2003
U15 Birth Year 2002
U16 Birth Year 2001
U17 Birth Year 2000
U18 Birth Year 1999
U19 Birth Year 1998
Practice fields will be available starting Monday, August 3, 2015. I have received confirmation of our practice fields. It is time to request your field choice. We are going to do sign ups a little bit different this season. The practice field list is posted to www.gbysl.org under the “Competitive Division” menu tab. It is at the top of the page. You cannot miss it!
PLEASE PAY ATTENTION TO THE SIGN UP DATE and instructions if you have never done this before this season OR even if you have done this before!!
We have several new field choices this season. They are- Church Park in Sparks, Marvin Moss Elementary in Sparks, Clayton MS track infield in Reno, Bernice Matthews Elementary in Reno, Dodson Elementary in Reno, Warner Elementary in Reno, Westergard Elementary in Reno, Panther Valley Park in Reno, and Lemmon Valley field in North Valleys area of Reno.
1. Diedrichson School field, Tues/Thur, 5:00PM to 6:30PM
2. Diedrichson School field, Mon/Wed, 6:30pm to dark
3. Clayton MS/Track Infield, Wed/Fri,5:00pm to 6:30pm
Many of the fields have specific time slots, please pay attention. This is so we may fit as many teams as possible on the field each night.
Park Rangers and City/County Officials will be looking for your league-issued permits. I will be sending you a permit written on league letterhead and the actual city and county permit once I receive them. The GBYSL letter will have your team name, practice field, practice day and time on it. Please make sure you have it in your possession while practicing. This will also help you with any non-GBYSL teams on your practice field during your designated practice time. We have had trouble with non-permitted teams practicing without the proper permits.
UNTIL YOU RECEIVE YOUR FIELD PERMIT, KEEP A COPY OF THE EMAIL CONFIRMATION I SEND TO YOU ONCE I HAVE CONFIRMED YOUR FIELD.
PRACTICE FIELDS WILL BE SCHEDULED STARTING MONDAY, AUGUST 3rd.
There are several items that have been brought to my attention in reviewing the game reports and hearing from the referees. I would like to remind you of some procedural requirements so your game does not end in a forfeit or a fine assessment to your team.
1. The team listed as HOME on the game schedule has the following requirements - even if it is not your "home" field.
2. ALL teams have the responsibility to provide the Center Referee with approved team player cards and coach/team official cards. There have been cases this season of non-carded team officials on the team sideline. As of today, the Referees have been reminded that only carded and rostered team coaches and team officials may be on the team sideline. All other adults must be on the opposite side of the field. There are no exceptions.
3. PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE update your player's jersey number on your team roster. Once you have done so, please email me so I can refresh your roster and the numbers will show on your game card. There are numerous teams without player jersey numbers and incorrect jersey numbers on their game card. The referees need those numbers to be on the game card and if they are not, a delay in the start of the game may occur while waiting for you to put the correct numbers with the player on the game card.
4. Intra-Club Guest Player Policy. Many teams are using the Intra-Club guest player policy this season to avoid forfeiting a game. Several teams have been trying to use guest players without following the procedure. To do so, will result in a forfeit by your team. The current version of the guest player policy is posted to the GBYSL website under the "By-laws, Rules & Policy" menu tab on the left side of the website, www.gbysl.org. There are detailed instructions on the use of the policy and how to get approval for guest players. Please review the policy so you are aware of proper procedures.
Remember, email me when you update your jersey numbers. If you have any questions, please email or call me.
Great Basin Youth Soccer League
Player adds after August 24, 2015 will be processed as follows:
Player Add paperwork submitted by Tuesday will be returned by Friday of the same week.
If received after Tuesday, it will be processed the following week.
To process the player add, Coach or Team Manager must provide:
SPRING PLAY DAYS
Spring 2016 Play Days (These dates are FINAL:
Saturday – all teams play
Friday – reschedules
Monday - 10B, 11B, 14G
Tuesday - 10G, 12B, 15/16G, 17/18G
Wednesday – 11G,13G, 15B through 17B
Thursday - 13B, 12G, 14B
Points Setup Tie-Breaker Setup
Points per Win 3 Tie Breaker 1 Head to Head
Points per Tie 1 Tie Breaker 2 Most Wins
Points per Loss 0 Tie Breaker 3 Most Shutouts
Add’l points per goal 0 Tie Breaker 4 Goals Against
Add’l points per Tie Breaker 5 Goals For
Goal Count Limit 0 Tie Breaker 6 Goal Differential
Add’l points per Shutout 0 Goals for Limit 6
Penalty points -Yellow Cd 0 Goals Against Limit 6
Penalty points -Red Cd 1 Goal Differential Limit 6
CAST & BRACES: Must have a signed doctor’s release releasing the player to play. The Center Referee has the final say as to the safety of the player and other players regarding casts. Casts must be wrapped with ½” foam, bubble wrap or appropriate material. Knee braces must be covered with the manufacturer’s sleeve. No other wraps will be accepted.
Spring 2015 Play Days (These dates are FINAL :
Saturday – all teams play
Friday – reschedules
Monday - 10B, 11G, 11B, 14G
Tuesday - 10G, 12B, 15/16G, 17/18G
Wednesday - 13G, 15/16B, 17/18B
Thursday - 13B, 12G, 14B
If you have any questions about the NIAA or Washoe County School District guidleines regarding the no student contact period please see your Athletic Director. We will post the WCSD guidleines to the website.