14 Boys RANGERS team is looking for 3-4 additional players for Spring 2018. Players born in 2004 contact coach Dan Hayward at 775-762-8545 or email@example.com.
Dear Soccer Players, Coaches and Team Managers,
Tryouts for the 2017/2018 soccer year begin June 19.
This letter contains quite a bit of information, please review carefully. Great Basin Youth Soccer would like to remind you of the Tryout policies so you are fully informed prior to running or attending tryouts this year.
1. Tryouts are held once a year during June and July for all age divisions - U10 through U19. There will not be tryouts in November. Players sign to a team for the seasonal year. The GBYSL transfer policy is included at the end of this message. There are strict rules regarding transfers once a player has committed to a team for the seasonal year.
2. All high school aged players, U15 and above, must tryout at the annual June and July tryouts.
3. Coaches and Clubs may not discuss tryouts with players or parents until June 10th. Once tryouts begin June 19th, Coaches and Clubs may not make an offer to a player during tryouts. The coach or club may begin offering team spots as of June 24th at 8pm.
4. The clubs will be required to submit player registrations by July 14th for U10 through U15 (middle school) teams playing in the GBYSL fall season and for U15 (high school) through U19 teams by September 18th.
5. Failure to register to a team by the established registration dates will be subject to a late registration penalty of double the registration fee. Exceptions will be made to new residents to the northern Nevada area and players with injuries during the tryout period. Injury exceptions will require doctor verification.
All players for the seasonal year 2017/2018 please plan to attend the tryouts beginning June 19 and ending July 9. The tryout information for team tryouts has been posted to the GBYSL website, www.gbysl.org. It is located under the "Competitive" menu tab of the website. In addition, you may locate the individual club tryout information on each club's website. The website addresses are located on the GBYSL website under the Club tab (which is located in the drop down menu under the "HOME" tab).
Best of luck to all players attending tryouts this year and have an enjoyable summer!
Great Basin Youth Soccer League Board of Directors
Players in every age division may tryout each year during the tryout window. The tryout window opens the second Monday after the end of the GBYSL spring season and runs no longer than 3 weeks.
Rules for tryouts.
A. Coaches can contact players regarding tryouts AFTER the GBYSL spring season ends. This date will be published annually by GBYSL. (For the June/July 2017 tryouts, Coaches/Clubs may talk to players beginning June 10th.)
B. No advertising prior to 30 days before the beginning date of tryouts.
C. NO tryout flyers can be handed out at State Cup games, qualifiers and finals or GBYSL League games. This includes passing out to players or placing on vehicles in the parking lot or near the fields.
D. Offers cannot be made to players until the date and time determined annually by GBYSL. The date for the 2017/2018 tryouts will be after 8pm on June 24th. Players cannot be forced to sign registration paperwork in advance of this date; any coach found guilty of this will be subject to ruling from NYSA Discipline Committee.
E. If a player signs registration paperwork during the tryout period they can change their mind during the tryout period. They must notify the original coach and GBYSL as soon as possible in writing, email is acceptable.
F. No communication regarding tryouts can be announced until 30 days prior to the actual tryout dates. This includes all leagues, clubs, teams and independent teams.
G. Refer to NYSA policies regarding poaching, enticements and scholarships for prospective players.
H. Flyers/advertisements must include all fees associated with the team, league fees, club fees, uniform fees, traveling fees, training fee and any other such fee associated with the team.
The following disclaimer must be on all flyers, advertisements etc.
(Soccer Club/Team) and the Great Basin Youth Soccer League encourage all unregistered young athletes attending competitive soccer tryouts to actively participate in different Club or Team tryouts so they may fully understand the training programs and benefits that individual Teams or Clubs may offer. Participating in (Soccer Club/Team) tryout DOES NOT register you to play, or bind you to the particular Club or Team. For additional information, please speak to a Club/Team Representative or call GBYSL.
(THIS PERTAINS TO MID YEAR PLAYER TRANSFERS) If a player is currently registered on an NYSA team, the player must obtain a “PlayerAction Form” signed by his or her current coach and have it in his or her possession prior to any team or club tryout he or she attends. Likewise, it is the responsibility of the Club or Team holding tryouts to obtain, either verbally or written, a statement from the player attending their tryouts whether he or she are currently registered with another NYSA team.
ARTICLE 4 - Teams and Players
Transfer of Players from One Team to Another.
A. Players are registered to a team for the seasonal year as defined above.
B. GBYSL will inform NYSA of their transfer window as per NYSA Policy.
C. The GBYSL transfer window will only apply to U10-U14 Divisions. Transfers in the U15-U19 divisions will not be recognized by GBYSL, and those players will not be eligible for League play. Exceptions will be determined by the GBYSL Executive Board.
D. U11-U14 players transferring during the GBYSL transfer window will required to sit out the team’s next (2) League games.
E. A player who is registered during a season with one team, may not transfer to another League team during the seasonal year unless:
1. Special circumstances (such as moving to another area, disciplinary problems or dissolution of a team) exist; and
2. The transfer is requested in writing on forms furnished by the League Registrar and which are filled out correctly and signed by the player and a parent or guardian, and
3. Both coaches and the League Commissioner approve the transfer and sign the form, in which case, the League Registrar shall also approve the transfer and sign the form and process it. (NYSA Rule)
F. No team may add more than three "transferred" players to its roster during the season. Transferred players are defined as those who were previously registered with any USYSA team. (NYSA Rule). However, teams are free to add any new players to their roster at any time and without limitation. (NYSA Rule).
G. In order to play in NYSA State Cup competition, players must be registered at least fourteen days before the competition starts. (NYSA Rule)
c. All competitive teams are required to provide and have posted at tryouts a detailed fact sheet about their team/club. Items would include (but not limited to) proposed tournaments, training, training staff, fees, etc. and the following disclaimer:
“INSERT CLUB OR TEAM NAME” and the Great Basin Youth Soccer League encourages all young athletes attending competitive soccer tryouts to actively participate in different Club/Team Academy tryouts so they may fully understand the training program or benefits that individual
Teams or Clubs may offer to you. Participating in “Your Soccer Club/Team” tryout DOES NOT register you to play, or binds you to that particular Club or Team. For additional information, please speak to a Club/Team Representative or call the Great Basin Youth Soccer League at (775) 250-8509
d. Advertising for Club or Team tryouts may not be made public until thirty (30) days before each year’s tryout dates as specified in Items b.1 and b.2 above. Such advertising MUST carry the disclaimer under Item c. above with a minimum font size of 8.