Jamboree will be held at Moana Sports Complex 240 West Moana Lane Reno this Saturday, October3.
Each team will be allowed to enter the sports complex 10 minutes before your game. For example 10 AM game can enter the complex at 9:50, 11 AM game at 10:50, etc.
We will blow the horn to start and end each session. Every 10 minutes the away team (listed as the second team on the schedule) will move to the next field to scrimmage a different team. Each team will have 4 sessions.
The format is 4V4, no goal keeper. Your player have to come to the field wearing team uniform, mask, own water bottle, no sharing of water, and soccer ball.
The field layout will be posted at Moana Soccer Complex.
Parents are not allowed to go the playing field. You can either sit on the cement sidewalk or outside the fence, mask is required and social distancing will be implemented.
Please click on the link below to sign up for the coach training session.
HOW THE SEASON WILL RUN
GBYSL is trying to make this Fall 2020 soccer season meaningful to all. With the ever-changing nature of COVID 19, this season will most likely be a practice only season. Here is how the season will run being in Phase 2:
Once we reach Phase 3 scrimmages/practice games are allowed, minimal physical contact and no limitations on participants per field. Once we reach Phase 4 full return to play is allowed with no restrictions. If we reach Phase 4 before the end of the season, we are going to release the game schedule and still end our season on October 31st.
HOW THE JAMBOREES WILL RUN
We are going to schedule each age division a time slot. For example, all U5 teams are from 8 AM to 9 AM. All 12 teams will come in at 7:45 AM and the coaches will be given their schedule. Scrimmage for U5 is a total of 10 minutes, shorter than a regular game. After the first scrimmage, teams will rotate to another field for the second scrimmage. When the time slot is over, the teams have 15 minutes to leave the complex and the next age division will come in. At the end of the day, we would have gone through all the teams, U4 through U14. By the second jamboree, the teams will have scrimmaged each other. It will be a FUN DAY. Each player should wear their uniform. The fields are going to be spaced out to allow social distancing.
GUIDELINES BASED ON CURRENT PHASE
We are currently in Phase II. Please follow NYSA Return to Play guidelines for this Fall 2020 season:
. Small group training expanded; should not exceed small groups of 8
. No physical contact
. Groups not to exceed 30 participants per field / 15 per half, maintaining 6 feet of social distancing at all times on and off the field
. No scrimmages and no games
. No sharing of water
. All participants to wear clean PPE upon arrival, departure and when not physically active
. Coaches need to make sure all practice equipment is properly cleaned before each practice
. Players must sanitize their hands before and after each practice
· Small group drills. No drills greater than groups of 8
· No physical contact. Contact should be avoided during drills
· No more than 30 participants per field / 15 per half, maintaining 6 feet of social distancing at all times on and off the field. This includes players, coaches, and spectators
· Practice Vest/Pinnies can be used; At minimum these must be washed after each use
· Practice times should be set to maximize social distancing and limit the number of people in a single area to 30 or less
· Recommend a minimum of 30 minutes between end time of one session and the start time of the next
· If youth need supervision while waiting for pickup, adults should be at least six (6) feet apart, with face coverings
· Individual training and technical activities
· Small group drills. No drills greater than small groups of 8
· Shooting on a goalkeeper
Activities Not Permitted
· Activities that may create opportunity for an individual to come in contact with another's equipment. This would include headers, throw-ins, etc.
· No scrimmages, no games and no tournaments
Further information is posted on our website. NYSA works with the Governor's LEAP Committee to determine the current Phase we are in. Once we change to a different Phase, we will be sending out an email informing the coaches and parents.
Please click on the blue tab below to access the field practice schedule.
Current Office Hours:
Monday - closed
Tuesday - 9:30am to 12:30pm and 2pm to 5pm
Wednesday - closed
Thursday - 9:30am to 12:30pm and 2pm to 5pm
Open the 2nd and 4th Friday each month from 10am to 5pm.
ALL RECREATIONAL EMAILS CAN BE SENT OR FORWARDED TO THE NEW EMAIL ADDRESS: email@example.com
GBYSL Office phone number: 775-825-4900
Click on the link below to sign up for our newsletter emailing list to receive all of our updates and news!